Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Why don't people grow up?

I'm sure we've all heard someone say I don't want to grow up. I don't want to either. Lol. For the most part anyway. I think that statement relates to keeping your inner child to remind you to have fun and enjoy life as you go through it. To not forget to smell the roses, etc.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of people, men and women that have really not grown up. They still have the same social behaviors that they had in Junior High School. They talk about enemies and he said she said. Or Susie said you called me names, etc. we all know someone like that. Probably several people like that. I know it's a conscious choice for each of us to not do those things when we realize they are going on for us.

How come so many seem to be stuck there. Was it the best years of their life? Did they feel in control? Did others look up to them then with that behavior? I don't know. I just feel the need to write about it because I think it's such a problem today.

What can we do about it? Really all we can do is check ourselves to make sure we are making mature decisions when interacting with others. We can't change others by verbally critiquing them. Only by example can we teach others and inspire them to change. So I wish for each of you to have the self guidance and self control to recognize those behaviors in yourself when present, change it for you and move on. I only feel it needs to change because people without those behaviors seem to be much happier with themselves than those that have them. Thanks and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment