Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nice Guy Quest Part 2

So a guy rarely recovers from the friend zone. Women tend to keep them there as a safety guy to spend companionship time with them when they are in between jerks. I am sure any woman reading this can understand what that is like when they have been there. When some guy had them in the friend zone. So what is the answer ladies? Nice guys are motivated by your smiles, your appreciation and your affections and kind words. Not sex, while sex is a wonderful exchange between two responsible adults, it is not the drive for a nice guy to be with a woman and continue to be nice. I will say that the nice guy pool has been muddied with guys that are nice temporarily for that one thing called sex. A true nice guy will never push sex because he wants you to know he respects you and cares for you on a deeper level. He probably also has some deep conversations with you about anything. Just some thoughts for today. I hope the ladies have some feedback.....be safe.
Michael McConnell

2 comments:

  1. Michael,

    Well... this has stirred something in me. I always said that I was looking for the "nice guy." I truly believed it, but then I always ended up with some childish, jealous, egotistic, self-centerd jerkface. My "man picker" was WAY OFF. I guess I didn't believe there were any nice guys left in the world.

    Truth be told, I was scared. Scared that if I found a really nice guy, that I may not be the one HE was looking for... so I held back and wouldn't let myself get close, to avoid getting hurt.

    Then, I met David. My husband is ine of the most patient, sweet, king, loving men on the face of this earth. He had to teach me that it was ok to be with someone nice, that the other shoe was not going to fall, that he was genuine, and that it was ok to comelety trust my heart with him.

    Trust is the key here. Trust takes time.

    Unfortunately, most men (and women) do not have the patience to muddle through some rough areas, nor do they want to put in the time and effort it takes to make things work.

    Thanksfully, David was patient. He figured out pretty quickly that he would have to "un-do" some of the mindsets I had about relationships... I guess he figured I was worth the trouble. THANK GOD!

    So... that is my humble opinion on this topic. I hope you find someone worth it, and that both of you have the patience to make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very common. My biggest question is "as a guy, how do you help the girl understand that it may be to her benefit to stop and see if he is patient with you? " In other words if you travel sat 90 mph your going to have a blurred view of the sidelines....

    ReplyDelete